FOI Request Processing Timelines
Under MFIPPA, the City of Greater Sudbury has 30 days from the date the FOI request was received and paid for, to:
- make records available; or,
- deny access or notify the requester of any delay.
The City has the right to extend the time to respond to a request when the request:
- involves a large number of records;
- requires an extensive search; or ,
- involves information for which the City must obtain consent or representations from other parties.
There are no provisions under MFIPPA for expediting a request.