The Finance Division is responsible for the financial integrity of the City, and as such, is viewed as the financial steward of the Corporation.
The Finance Division is lead by the Executive Director, Finance, Assets and Fleet. The division delivers high quality financial services through four sections:
- Financial Planning and Budgeting
The division has a staff complement of 75 employees.
Finance staff provide tax billing and collection services, accounting and payroll services, purchasing and procurement services, budgeting and financial planning and Financial Information Systems support in a prompt, courteous and cost effective manner.
The Finance Strategic Plan outlines the division’s vision, mission, strategic goals and action items that are planned for 2013 and 2014.
Deliver high quality financial services, within a framework of sound policies and internal controls, to a financially sustainable municipality.
The mission of the Finance Division is to provide sound financial policies and systems of internal controls, produce accurate and timely financial information, provide excellent customer service and sound financial advice to Council, management, departments, citizens, and ratepayers.
- provide high quality service with a citizen focus
- manage the resources in our trust efficiently, responsibly and effectively
- encourage innovation and accepting risks
- maintain honest and open communication
- create a climate of trust and a collegial working environment
- act today in the interests of tomorrow
- Focus on fiscal sustainability and long term financial planning.
- Provide support to operating departments and provide timely and accurate financial statements (internal and external) to assist in decision making.
- Perform the controllership function for the City by providing and enforcing sound financial policies and internal controls.
- Maximize the capabilities and opportunities provided by the financial information systems.
- Maintain a positive work environment and strong employee engagement within the Finance Division.