Ask an EarthCare Expert
Do you have an environmental question that you'd like to have answered? Ask an EarthCare expert! Email your question to email@example.com and it will be referred to one of our community partners for an expert response. Watch for the answer to your question in the Northern Life!
Even if your question is not featured in the newspaper, we respond to it, so provide your contact information.
See what questions we’ve answered so far
- March 6, 2017 - Tired of waiting on the province to lower your power bill? Here are nine energy-saving tips
- April 28, 2016 - So, why do I need to clean my boat every time I take it out of the water?
- February 29, 2016 - Looking to save money on your water bill? Here's how.
- October 15, 2015 - Why can't I cut down a tree in my front lawn?
- September 21, 2015 - Looking to join a community garden but don’t know how?
- July 24, 2013 - City’s re-greening efforts still verdant (PDF 526 KB)
- May 16, 2013 - Everyone has a role to play protecting drinking water - EarthCare Expert (PDF 726.65 KB)
- March 28, 2013 - Making carpooling easier - EarthCare Expert (PDF 1.42 MB)
- November 5, 2012 - Trimming energy bills for electric heat - EarthCare Expert
- September 6, 2012 - Mulch offers protection, adds nutrients - EarthCare Expert
- May 18, 2012 - Growing a healthy lawn without pesticides - Ask an EarthCare Expert
- April 2, 2012 - Old tires: Going from black to green
- March 5, 2012 - Co-generation: doing double duty for more efficiency
- February 6, 2012 - Finding fresh produce in the dead of winter
- December 30, 2011 - Sometimes there is no substitute for salt
- June 27, 2011 - Drawing heat from the air
- June 25, 2011 - Recycling outside the home
- June 14, 2011 - Making the conversion to wind power
- May 9, 2011 - Excessive phosphorus results in nuisance algae
- March 23, 2011 - Making way for new electronics
- February 2, 2011 - Taking a breath of fresh air
- January 11, 2011 - Local companies make changes for energy conservation