UPDATED: COVID-19: When to Call 311
Apr 6, 2020
Over the past several days, there has been some feedback from members of the community about who to call with complaints related to COVID-19. Beginning immediately, the City of Greater Sudbury is making some changes to make the process easier for residents to navigate.
Please call 311 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for complaints about any of the following:
• Unauthorized use of closed City facilities, parks amenities and playgrounds.
• Organized public or social gatherings or events with more than five people, even when held at a private dwelling. This does not apply to a gathering of members of a single household.
• People not following Public Health orders to self-isolate after international travel, contact with a confirmed case, or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
• Continued operation of non-essential workplaces, as mandated by the Province of Ontario. Find the list of essential workplaces at www.ontario.ca/page/list-essential-workplaces.
The enforcement of these complaints is a joint initiative by City By-law Officers and the Greater Sudbury Police Service. 311 representatives will log your complaint, and direct it to the appropriate party based on time of day, and severity and type of issue.
In addition to responding to COVID-19 issues, 311 continues to answer questions, submit service requests and report issues related to all municipal services, including waste pickup, roads maintenance, water and wastewater, tax payments and more.
Other helpful contact information:
• If you have an emergency and require immediate police, fire or medical assistance, call 9:11.
• If you have general questions about COVID-19, visit the Public Health Sudbury & Districts website at www.phsd.ca/COVID-19. If you wish to speak to someone, submit your information using this form: www.phsd.ca/health-topics-programs/diseases-infections/coronavirus/covid-19-information-request and Public Health staff will call you back within 24 hours.
• If you have COVID-19 symptoms and think you need to be tested, visit www.hsnsudbury.ca/covid-19. If you meet the criteria and symptoms listed, call 705-671-7373 to make an appointment at the Assessment Centre. It is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, by appointment only.