City Seeks Citizens to Serve on Election Compliance Audit Committee
Jun 26, 2018
The City of Greater Sudbury is seeking individuals to serve on the Election Compliance Audit Committee. The committee is responsible for considering applications for compliance audits related to municipal and school board elections.
The City is seeking individuals who have:
- Demonstrated experience in receiving and understanding financial information, preferably with knowledge and understanding of municipal election campaign financing rules;
- Experience working in a profession that imposes professional standards on its members, where breach of those standards may lead to discipline;
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills;
- Experience working on a committee, task force, tribunal, disciplinary panel or similar body; and
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
A per diem of $200 will be paid for attendance at each meeting. Meetings are held during business hours with the number and duration of meetings dependent upon the nature of the audit requests received. The term of the Election Compliance Audit Committee is from December 1, 2018, to November 30, 2022.
For application forms, terms of reference and the primary objectives of the committee, visit www.greatersudbury.ca/elections or contact Clerk’s Services at 705-674-4455, extension 4209.
Applications will be accepted until Monday, July 23, 2018, at 2 p.m.