Master of Disaster Camp
Ages 9 to 12
July 22 to 26, 2019
Location: 1391 Ramsey View Ct, Sudbury
- Registration opens March 6, 2019
- Register Online, at your nearest Citizen Service Centre or dial 311 for the following sessions.
- Registrations must be completed by Thursday at 3 p.m. of the week prior to the program start date.
- See our cancellation policy.
Activities, games and life hacks will teach campers to prepare for a variety of disasters, from tornados to zombies. New skills include how to build:
- an emergency preparedness kit,
- a battery from lemons,
- a homemade compass and
- creative ideas using duct tape.
Campers will tour Greater Sudbury’s Mobile Command Unit and will hear guest presenters from local emergency agencies. At the end of the week, campers will use their knowledge to escape a “zombie invasion”.
Campers are encouraged to educate their families about emergency preparedness. Parents and caregivers may be asked to help with homework assignments. A complete schedule including guest presenters and off-site visits will be available upon registration