Lotteries, Draws or Raffles

Eligible charitable and religious organizations may raise funds through provincially or municipally licensed lottery events.

The Alcohol and Gaming Commission (AGCO) administers the lottery licensing program in the province. Municipalities are partners in issuing lottery licences to eligible charitable and religious organizations.

Types of events that require a lottery licence include:

  • bingos,
  • raffles,
  • break open tickets,
  • social gaming events held by charitable or religious organizations.

Licensed charitable or religious organizations must:

  • conduct and manage their events according to licensing policies and terms and conditions,
  • complete all necessary reports.

How to Get a Lottery Licence

For more information on getting a Lottery Licence (such as Bingo, Nevada, Raffle, Bazaar) contact:

Greater Sudbury By-law Compliance and Enforcement
Tom Davies Square
200 Brady Street,
Sudbury, ON P3A 5P3

Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Call: 311