Downtown Sudbury Community Improvement Plan Expression of Interest Period Begins
For Immediate Release
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
The City of Greater Sudbury has adopted a new Community Improvement Plan (CIP) for Downtown Sudbury. Through this plan, financial assistance may be available to owners or tenants who wish to invest in a Downtown property.
The CIP provides funds for:
• Feasibility studies (maximum grant of $5,000)
• Façade improvement (maximum grant of $15,000)
• Planning Fee Rebates (maximum grant of $5,000)
• Building Permit Fee Rebates (maximum grant of $30,000)
• Residential Incentives (maximum grant of $200,000)
• Multi-residential Interest Free Loan (maximum loan of $250,000)
• Tax Increment Equivalent Grants
The City has launched an Expression of Interest (EOI) period as of April 18, 2017.
The EOI document is available online at www.greatersudbury.ca/dscip or can be picked up in person at the Planning Services desk on the 3rd Floor of Tom Davies Square.
Expressions of Interest must be received by May 26, 2017 at 4 p.m., and should be submitted to:
City of Greater Sudbury
P.O. Box 5000, Station A
200 Brady Street, 3rd Floor
Sudbury, ON P3A 5P3
All submissions that meet the eligibility criteria will be brought forward to Council for its consideration.
An information session will occur on May 2, 2017 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in room C-12 at Tom Davies Square. At this session, information regarding timelines, program objectives and application requirements will be provided.
All interested individuals are encouraged to attend.