How to Apply
Applying to the City of Greater Sudbury
Please note: This section does not apply to our summer student application process. For information on how to apply to summer student positions, please visit our Summer Student Employment Information page.The City of Greater Sudbury welcomes resumes for all positions that it advertises publicly.
As the City of Greater Sudbury does not accept unsolicited resumes, please follow the following instructions when applying for a position:
- Ensure that your resume and cover letter both quote the Employment Opportunity identification number and the job title of the position you are applying for.
- Forward your resume by mail, fax or hand delivery to the contact person at the location listed on the specific Employment Opportunity.
- Submit your resume by e-mail ensuring that:
- Your resume and cover letter both quote the Employment Opportunity identification number and the job title.
- Your resume and cover letter are compatible with Microsoft Word, Microsoft WordPad, Adobe Acrobat (PDF) or Corel WordPerfect. Using standard fonts such as Times New Roman or Arial will help to ensure your resume is viewed in its original layout.
- The resume must be appended to an e-mail message sent to email@example.com.
- Links to resumes will not be accepted (e.g. SkyDrive, One Drive, Google Drive).
Due to the nature of internet e-mail, the City of Greater Sudbury cannot guarantee the successful delivery of e-mail or the exact time your e-mail will be delivered. Our e-mail system will automatically respond when your e-mail is delivered, but applicants are encouraged to send each resume well in advance of the closing date to be sure their application is received on time.
If you have any problems with the information stated above, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.