The City of Greater Sudbury is in the midst of a multi-year project to replace and upgrade the water meters in every home and business.
A water meter measures the amount of water entering a property. Older technology requires a manual reading of each meter in the city. New technology will connect meters to outdoor transmitters that will send readings wirelessly and directly to Greater Sudbury Utilities.
The City and its contractor, KTI Utility Services, have strict COVID-19 health and safety protocols in place to protect both residents and project staff during this project. We are following all provincial health and safety regulations, as well as all direction from Public Health Sudbury & Districts.
- All installers are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Installers sanitize their hands and tools before and after every installation.
- Your installer will wear a mask at all times during the installation process.
- Your installer will maintain physical distancing at all times during your appointment. This work requires no person-to-person contact between you and your installer.
- COVID-19 pre-screening is done with homeowners on the day of the appointment to check for symptoms and risk factors.