Book Your Appointment
What you’ll need before you book
Meter replacements are being done on a ward-by-ward basis. When installers are in your area, you will receive a booklet similar to this. On the back of the booklet is your password. Please have that password ready before you call or login to set up an appointment.
To see if installers are in your area, check out the online map here. If you’re still not sure, call 1-833-543-8807 and we’ll let you know.
If at any time you'd like to speak with someone from the City of Greater Sudbury, contact 311.
What you can expect
To prepare for your appointment, please ensure:
Your shut-off valve is working
- The area around the meter is accessible with a clearance of at least 16 inches wide by 16 inches high (41cm by 41cm)
- Someone 18 or older is home for the entire appointment
- Any pets are kept out of the way
If your water meter or shut-off valve is located inside a crawl space, please let us know when you book your appointment.
If you have any other concerns – like your water meter is behind drywall – call 1-833-543-8807 to discuss.
During Your Appointment:
A water meter technician from KTI will arrive at your property. The technician will be in uniform and will have a provincially issued water meter installer certificate
- The technician will ask you a few questions before they enter, to make sure no one in your home is feeling ill.
- The technician will turn off your water before the work begins.
- The technician will install the new meter and attach a transmitter to the outside of your home, running a wire to connect the transmitter to the meter.
- When the work is done, the technician will turn the water back on.
- A typical meter replacement takes between 30 and 90 minutes.