Larch Street, Sudbury
Road, Water & Sewer Improvements
The City of Greater Sudbury will be completing road, water and sewer improvements on Larch Street between Elgin Street and Lisgar Street.
Construction by the City’s contractor, Teranorth Construction & Engineering Ltd. will be carried out between June 2022 and October 2023 (See Phasing Below).
Work will typically take place Monday to Friday, between
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Weekend and/or night work may be required.
- Watermain Replacement
- Sanitary Sewer Replacement and/or Rehabilitation
- Storm and Drainage Improvements
- Active Transportation Improvements (2 through lanes reduced to 1 through lane and the introduction of an on street cycle lane)
- Full Depth Asphalt Removal
- Supply and Placement of Asphalt
- Concrete Curb Removal and Replacement (barrier curb to be replaced with a mountable curb
to improve accessibility)
- Driveway/Entrance Restoration
- Above grade planters to be replaced with at grade trees.
Expected Start Date: Spring/Summer 2022
Expected End Date: Spring/Summer 2024
Construction will be phased over 2 years.
- Phase 1 – Durham Street to Lisgar Street (Surface Asphalt to be placed in 2023 for these limits)
- Phase 2 – Elgin Street to Durham Street (Surface Asphalt to be placed in 2024 for these limits)