Hyland Drive and Wellington Heights
The City of Greater Sudbury will be completing road and water/wastewater improvements on Hyland Drive from Regent Street to Winchester Avenue and Wellington Heights from Hyland Drive to the cul-de-sac in Sudbury.
Construction by the City’s Contractor, Garson Pipe Contractors Ltd. will start May 2021 and will be phased over the 2022 and 2023 construction seasons.
• Addition of bike lanes on Hyland Drive from Regent Street to Connaught Avenue.
• Reconstruction of roadway with installation of new asphalt, concrete curbs at both locations.
• Installation of sidewalk on both sides of Hyland Drive from Regent St to Killarney Avenue.
• Installation of sidewalk on the north side of Hyland Drive from Killarney Avenue.
• Removal of sidewalk on south side of Wellington Heights installation of sidewalk and asphalt boulevard on the north side Wellington Heights.
• Installation of new watermain including water services from the watermain to the property line at both locations.
• Installation of new sanitary sewer including sanitary sewer services from the sanitary sewer main to the property line on Hyland Drive.
• Replacement of some storm sewer.
During construction, there may be dust and noise in the area. The City makes every effort to reduce the impact to nearby residents and business owners. Thank you for your patience as we work to improve the roads and infrastructure in your neighbourhood. The City of Greater Sudbury and its contractors are committed to public safety and will monitor the ongoing progress of construction.
Construction Notice Update
705-674-4455, extension 4246