Ash Street (Lively) from Maple Street to the South End
The City of Greater Sudbury will be completing road, water and sanitary improvements on Ash Street (Lively), between Maple Street and the southern limit.
Construction by the City’s contractor, Hollaway Equipment Rental Ltd., will be carried out between
May 15 and September 2020. Work will take place Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 7:00pm.
Final asphalt will be completed on September 25, 2020. Please note these timelines are subject to change.
- Excavate and install a new watermain on Ash Street with new water services to houses;
- Complete interior plumbing works to connect the water service to the existing plumbing where required;
- Abandon in-place, the existing rear yard watermain and services;
- Realign and replace or abandon sections of the rear yard sanitary sewer main;
- Storm sewer replacement;
- Sidewalk replacement and curb and gutter installation along the east side of Ash Street;
- Repave the road surface;
- Restore all areas affected by construction
During construction, there may be dust and noise in the area. The City makes every effort
to reduce the impact to nearby residents and business owners. Thank you for your
patience as we work to improve the roads and infrastructure in your neighbourhood. The
City of Greater Sudbury and its contractors are committed to public safety and will monitor
the ongoing progress of construction.
705-674-4455 ext. 4309