Monday, June 15th, 2020 Front Door Boarding and Fare Collection will commence
The GOVA downtown Transit Hub waiting area has reopened to the public. The area was closed last week in response to the Province declaring a second state of emergency.
Public Health supports the re-opening. A maximum of 25 people are allowed in the building at one time to allow for social distancing. Riders are encouraged to plan ahead for their trips and dress warm. They're also reminded to protect themselves by wearing a mask and staying a safe distance from others.
- Residents are required to wear a face covering or non-medical mask when visiting any indoor City facility or when riding GOVA Transit under the authority of of the provincial Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. Widespread use of face coverings by all persons decreases the spread of respiratory droplets. Certain exemptions apply.
(Updated January 24, 2021 at 12: 30 a.m.)
Extended detours can now be found on the Routes and Schedules page with the affected routes.
Beginning, Monday, June 15, front-door boarding and fare collection will resume on all GOVA Transit buses. Installation of temporary clear plastic shields in the operator area of all buses will physically distance employees and passengers boarding through the front doors and using the fare box.
Do your part to maintain a safe distance from the driver and your fellow passengers and reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
- Enter through the front and exit through the back when possible.
- Leave the seat behind the driver empty at all times.
- Stay behind the designated yellow line.
- Move to an open space if available.