Housing Loss Prevention and Free Meals
For information on Shelters and Homelessness Programs visit Homelessness Programs and Services or contact the City of Greater Sudbury's Coordinator of Shelters and Homelessness at 705-674-4455 ext. 3805.
Community Homelessness Prevention Initiative (CHPI)
The Community Homelessness Prevention Initiative (CHPI) offers financial assistance to help a person or family establish a residence in the community. This fund can also be used to help individuals or families at risk of homelessness due to:
- facing eviction,
- disconnection of utilities,
- unsafe or unaffordable accommodations.
Maximum amount of assistance within a 24 month period:
- $900 for a single person or couple with no children
- $1,600 for a family with children
- CHPI is available to Ontario Works (OW) and Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) recipients and low income persons.
- Individuals and families with low income who are not on OW or ODSP can apply through the Centre de santé communautaire de Sudbury
Funds may be available for rental arrears, utility arrears, utility connection fees, or last month’s rent deposits for persons who are homeless or at risk of homelessness:
- Ontario Works and ODSP recipients contact the OW office: 705-675-2411
- Low income earners contact the Centre de Sante Communautaire du Grand Sudbury: 705- 618-8810
|Organization||Meals and Services||Days/Hours of Operation|
|The Elgin Street Mission
344 Elgin St.
||Open seven days a week
The Blue Soup Kitchen Café
||Closed on weekends