Child Care Costs and Subsidy
The City of Greater Sudbury offers a child care subsidy program to help families with children 12 years old and under reduce their licensed child care costs. The subsidy may cover all, or part of eligible families' child care costs. The amount of subsidy provided is determined by an income test.
Programs covered by Child Care Subsidy
For children aged 0-12, subsidized families can choose:
- any licensed child care centre or before and after school program,
- homes that are affiliated with a licensed home child care agency,
- any school board before-and-after-school program.
In the summer, children aged 4-12 can also be subsidized in some authorized recreation programs including:
- Day camps offered by the City of Greater Sudbury (ages 5-12)
- Sudbury YMCA
- Better Beginnings Better Futures.