New online platform for EarlyON Child and Family Programs
EarlyON Child and Family Programs in Greater Sudbury are moving to a new online platform, making it easier for families to view, register for and check in and out of EarlyON programs.
How do I access the new EarlyON platform?
To access the new platform, families are required to create an account with the Children Services Portal. Once an account is created, you can register for and check in and out of any EarlyON program in Greater Sudbury.
This user guide will walk you through the steps of setting up and using your account.
Will all my favourite programs be available on the new platform?
As we transition to the new registration platform, we will continue to offer in-person and virtual programming for children and families. Please speak with your EarlyON educator about available programming options that suit your family’s needs.
What if I’m having trouble creating an account or logging into the platform?
Your EarlyON educators are here to help. We will be providing ongoing communication and updates to assist families with this transition and are available to answer any questions you may have.
To get started, visit the Children’s Services Portal.
- The City of Greater Sudbury is the service system manager for the Province of Ontario for the child care and early years system within Greater Sudbury, including EarlyON programs.
- The City of Greater Sudbury is enhancing local EarlyON programs to address the needs of families and meet the demand for high-quality, inclusive, accessible and responsive early intervention programs, while ensuring a welcoming space for all children and their families.
- EarlyON Child and Family Centres (EarlyON centres) offer free support services and programs to Ontario parents, caregivers and their children from birth to six years of age.
- EarlyON programs are delivered through both permanent centres and mobile sites (such as local libraries, community centres, parks and schools) and are operated by four agencies.
- EarlyON programs are high-quality, inclusive, welcoming places where qualified early learning professionals help families and caregivers:
- Make personal connections and access a network of resources
- Find supports and services that are responsive to community needs
- Get advice to support their child’s learning, development and well-being
- Attend virtual and in-person drop-in programs, storytelling, sing-alongs, games and many more activities
- Families and caregivers may attend any EarlyON program across Greater Sudbury.
- Beginning in 2023, the City of Greater Sudbury will move to a new online registration platform that will provide an accessible one-stop-shop process for all EarlyON child and family programs across the city.
- This new city-wide system allows agencies to set their own policies and processes while maintaining management over their unique registration systems and communications. It also allows for easier service data collection.
- The new platform will allow families to view upcoming EarlyON programs in each EarlyON site in Greater Sudbury and filter by site location, program and municipality.
- To access the new platform, families are required to create an account with the Children Services Portal. Once an account is created, families can register for any EarlyON program in Greater Sudbury.
- EarlyON educators will be available to support families during this transition so they can continue to enjoy and attend EarlyON programs in their communities.
- For more information about EarlyON Child and Family Programs, visit greatersudbury.ca/earlyon.