How to Apply for Child Care Subsidy
Step 1: Register for a Space at a Licensed Child Care Setting
- Visit the Child Care Registry to apply to licensed child care centres that will meet your family’s requirements.
- Once you have child care space confirmed, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Call for a Pre-Assessment
- Contact us at 705-674-4455 extension 4279 with your most recent income tax information for a pre-assessment to see if you qualify for child care subsidy.
- The pre-assessment will tell you if you are likely to qualify for subsidy, and if so, how much you can expect to pay for child care.
- After you complete your pre-assessment, please proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Schedule a Subsidy Appointment
- If, at the time of your pre-assessment, your child already has a child care space, a subsidy appointment will be scheduled. If you don’t have a confirmed child care space, please follow the instructions under Step 1.
- During your subsidy appointment you will complete a formal subsidy application. The appointment takes approximately 30 minutes and both spouses (if applicable) need to attend.