Eligibility for Child Care Subsidy

In order to apply for child care subsidy, families must:

  • be registered on the Child Care Registry,
  • have a confirmed child care space for their child(ren) with a licensed child care centre or home in Greater Sudbury,
  • live in the City of Greater Sudbury,
  • be citizens of Canada, landed immigrants or have certain types of visas,
  • both parents (or the lone parent) must be working, or going to school during the hours when the child is in care, unless a medical, social or special needs referral is completed for the family and provided to the Children Services office. Contact us for more information.
  • each parent must have an up-to-date income tax assessment.