Shoreline Buffer Area
When dealing with Shoreline Buffer Areas, Section 4.41.3 of Zoning By-law 2010-100Z, the following will apply:
- The applicant at the application stage for a building permit is to sign an Acknowledgement (38 KB) stating that they are aware of the requirements for a shoreline buffer area.
- The applicant is to submit a plot plan of the established or vacant property which is to include the details of the shoreline.
Development Approvals (Roads & Drainage Approval)
The Development Engineering Technician is to advise the applicant of the following:
A lot grading plan, which includes the shoreline buffer area, is required prior to the issuance of a building permit;
- Review the plot plan submitted by the applicant
- Perform a site visit and determine if a lot grading plan is required on a case-by-case basis
- Take photographs of the existing shoreline for recording purposes.