Procurement Opportunities and Contract Awards
The City of Greater Sudbury’s open procurement opportunities are exclusively posted on bids&tenders.
As per the City’s Purchasing By-Law, contracts with a total acquisition cost of $100,000 or greater (unless exempt in Schedule A of the Purchasing By-Law or approved as a single/sole source by City Council) must be conducted via open competition and in accordance with applicable trade agreements.
Viewing of current procurement opportunities are free of charge. To participate in a procurement opportunity, a one-time or annual subscription fee is applicable. For more information or to register, visit bids&tenders. Once registered, companies can select a commodity category to receive opportunities from over 160 organizations.
Notice of Participation in Buying Groups
Sudbury Regional Buying Group
The City of Greater Sudbury, along with other public sector organizations (currently: Cambrian College, Collège Boréal, Laurentian University, Rainbow District School Board, Conseil scolaire catholique du Nouvel-Ontario, Sudbury Catholic District School Board, Counseil scolaire public du Grand Nord de l’Ontario, Greater Sudbury Utilities, Health Sciences North, and Science North) are members of the Sudbury Regional Buying Group. Member Agencies realize savings by combining individual requirements and seeking bids for larger volumes of goods and services. If the City of Greater Sudbury participates in these joint procurement opportunities, they will be posted on bids&tenders.ca.
This posting is a public notification that the City of Greater Sudbury, including Pioneer Manor, Greater Sudbury Fire Services, Greater Sudbury Paramedic Services, the Greater Sudbury Police Services Board, Greater Sudbury Public Library Board, City of Greater Sudbury Community Development Corporation, Greater Sudbury Housing Corporation and Sudbury Airport Community Development Corporation, intends to participate in one or more cooperative procurements conducted by the following Buying Groups:
- Government of Ontario
- OECM – Ontario Education Collaborative Marketplace
- Local Authority Services (LAS) - Canoe Procurement Group (Inc. Sourcewell)
- Police Cooperative Purchasing Group (PCPG)
- Mohawk Medbuy
- Kinetic GPO
Contract Award Results
Contract award results can be found through bids&tenders.
Tip: Alter drop down option from "Open" to "All" or "Awarded" to find posted results.
Note: The posting of contract awards may take up to 72 days after contract execution.
Tenders and results posted on the City’s site prior to March 29, 2019 will continue to be available through the search portal below.
Search the Tender Archives
Contract ISD18-142, Tender for the Purchase of Hose for 4” Temporary Bib System
Closed: May 29, 2018 at 1:30 P.M.
- Addendum 1 issued: May. 04, 2018
- Addendum 2 issued: May. 10, 2018
- Addendum 3 issued: May. 11, 2018
- Summary Notice issued: Apr. 16, 2018
Contract CDD18-37, Request for Proposal for Refreshment Vehicles
Closed: May 16, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.
Contract CDD18-2, Tender for Bus Transportation Services for Various Leisure Programs
Closed: May 15, 2018 at 1:30 P.M.
- Addendum 1 issued: Apr. 27, 2018
- Addendum 2 issued: May. 03, 2018
- Addendum 3 issued: May. 04, 2018
- Notice No. 1 issued: May. 09, 2018
- Notice No. 2 issued: May. 09, 2018
- Minutes of Information Meeting issued: Apr. 27, 2018
- Clarification Notice No. 1 issued: May. 03, 2018
- Addendum 1 issued: Apr. 05, 2018
- Addendum 2 issued: Apr. 09, 2018
- Addendum 3 issued: Apr. 10, 2018
- Addendum 4 issued: Apr. 18, 2018
- Summary Notice issued: Mar. 13, 2018
- Addendum 1 issued: Apr. 04, 2018
- Addendum 2 issued: Apr. 13, 2018
- Addendum 3 issued: Apr. 17, 2018
- Clarification Notice No1 issued: Apr. 04, 2018
- Clarification Notice No.2 issued: Apr. 13, 2018
- Clarification Notice No.3 issued: Apr. 17, 2018
Notice of Participation in a Cooperative Purchase
Fine Copy Paper
Closed: Apr 23, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
Notice of Participation in a Cooperative Purchase PUR18-8 for the Purchase of PerfectMind Software
Closed: Apr 13, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.
Contract CDD18-87, Tender for TransCab Services – Area A4 in the City of Greater Sudbury
Closed: Apr 12, 2018 at 1:30 P.M.
Contract CDD18-1, Request for Proposal for Optometry Services for Pioneer Manor Long Term Care Facility
Closed: Apr 12, 2018 at 1:30 P.M.
For more general information, contact the department at:
705-674-4455 Extension 2464 or