Rezoning Applications for the Kingsway Entertainment District
The following applications were submitted by the property owner, 1916596 Ontario Ltd., for lands located on the north side of the Kingsway, northwest of Levesque Street in Sudbury:
- Applications for an official plan amendment and rezoning to permit a casino on approximately 6.96 hectares of land.
- An application for rezoning to permit a public arena on approximately 11.96 hectares of land, and
- An application for rezoning to permit a parking lot as a permitted use in the M2, Light Industrial and M3, Heavy Industrial zones.
Status of the Applications
- Two public hearings were held on the applications on Monday March 26, 2018 and Wednesday March 28, 2018.
- The applications were approved by the Planning Committee.
- Appeals were filed to the Local Planning Appeals Tribunal (LPAT).
- LPAT has scheduled an initial Case Management Conference with respect to the appeals for November 6, 2018.
- Learn more about the LPAT appeals process.
- Learn more about the planning process.
- Learn more about rezoning applications.
- Learn more about official plan amendments