Town Centre Community Improvement Plan and Incentive Programs
Applications to the Community Improvement Plan programs are due on June 30, 2020. The deadline to submit supplemental information has been extended to September 30, 2020.
The City of Greater Sudbury has developed a Community Improvement Plan (CIP) for Town Centres within the City of Greater Sudbury to:
- Enhance pedestrian friendly commercial areas to attract people and new business;
- Address commercial and residential vacancy issues by improving the building stock; and
- Rehabilitate older, mixed used (and preferably multi storey) building stock and to promote the creation of additional residential dwelling units.
Town Centre Community Improvement Plan (PDF, 2.5 MB)
Town Centre Community Improvement Plan Brochure (PDF, 2.2 MB)
The Town Centre CIP applies to certain properties within the town centres of Capreol, Chelmsford, Levack, Flour Mill, Lively, Copper Cliff and Kathleen Street.
Current Incentive Programs
Six financial incentive programs are available under the Town Centre Community Improvement Plan to help stimulate rehabilitation and redevelopment in the applicable Town Centres. The available programs are:
- Tax increment Equivalent Grant Program
- Planning and Building Fees Rebate Program (up to $5000 maximum)
- Feasibility Study Grant (up to $5000 maximum)
- Facade Improvement Program (50% of estimated cost up to $15,000 maximum)
- Multi-Residential Interest-Free Loan Program
- Residential incentive Program (Per door grant)