Downtown Community Improvement Plan
The City of Greater Sudbury has developed a Community Improvement Plan (CIP) for Downtown Sudbury which includes grants and loans to reduce the cost of development and redevelopment in Downtown Sudbury.
- Downtown Sudbury Community Improvement Plan (PDF, 27 MB)
- Downtown Sudbury Community Improvement Plan Brochure (PDF, 3.1 MB)
- Property owners and tenants located in within Downtown Sudbury (PDF, 210 KB)
- Contact Planning Services to verify if your property is eligible.
Six financial incentive programs are available under the Downtown Sudbury CIP to help stimulate development and redevelopment. The available programs are:
• Tax Increment Equivalent Grant Program
• Façade Improvement Program
• Planning and Building Fee Rebate Program
• Residential Incentive Program (Per-door grant)
• Feasibility Grant Program
• Downtown Sudbury Multi-Residential Interest-Free Loan Program
These programs can be used in conjunction with other incentive programs offered by the City or other levels of government. The total amount of incentives shall not exceed eligible costs.