Affordable Housing Strategy
The City of Greater Sudbury is committed to promoting an appropriate range of housing types and densities, including affordable housing, to maintain and enhance a healthy and complete community.
We are working on an affordable housing strategy targeted towards seniors and those who have low incomes in order to address gaps and support population health through affordable housing options.
The affordable housing strategy will focus on:
- innovative affordable housing options
- removal of barriers to the housing development process
- development incentives
- using surplus municipal property to increase affordable housing options
Have your say on the Affordable Housing Strategy
Over the course of the strategy development, the City has engaged decision makers and interest groups. We are now seeking input from the general public. Consultation is underway for two action items under the strategy:
- Draft Affordable Housing Community Improvement Plan (PDF, 631 KB) Schedule A (PDF 1.47 MB)
- Draft proposed amendments to the Zoning By-law for the City of Greater Sudbury (PDF, 112 KB)
View our map of existing incentive areas (PDF, 6 MB). To see a more detailed view of each area, click on the blue boxes in the map.
Learn more about Affordable Housing
For further information regarding the Affordable Housing Strategy, please contact:
Melissa Riou, MAES, MCIP, RPP
Senior Planner, Planning Services Division
City of Greater Sudbury
PO Box 5000, Stn. A
200 Brady Street, 3rd Floor
Sudbury ON P3A 5P3
Tel: 705-674-4455, extension 4292