Engineering Survey Standards
For questions about surveying standards and practices contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any contractor providing survey data to The City of Greater Sudbury must adhere to City Standards.
- The City of Greater Sudbury uses AutoCAD Civil 3D software to generate survey drawings.
- Other software may be used as long as the end product adheres to our standards and is provided in .dwg (AutoCAD) format.
All surveys are to be collected in reference to NAD83CSRS using the City of Greater Sudbury's MTM Zone 81 Map Projection.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Template (.dwt, 4665 KB)
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 Procedures (PDF, 1,155 KB)
- Coding Example Diagram (PDF, 125 KB)
- Survey Field Coding Instructions (PDF, 572 KB)
- Master Field Code Library (XLS 57 KB)
- Figure Prefix Database (.FDB_XDEF, 37 KB)
- Linework Code Set (.F2F_XDEF, 3 KB)
- MTM Zone 81 Map Projection (PDF, 81.8 KB)
As Built Data Collection Requirements Drawing
The As Built Data Collection Requirements Drawing (PDF, 415 KB) represents a visual guide for as built surveys and production.
General notes and frequency of survey points are intended to clearly outline the City of Greater Sudbury's requirements and expectations for surveys and as built creation.
This drawing is to be used as reference in conjunction with our as builts and construction record data specifications, as well as example as built drawings, drafting standards and other available online material.
Sample Files and Example Drawings
- Sample Survey Text File (TXT, 207 KB)
- Sample Survey Drawing (DWG, 6311 KB)
- Redline Drawing 1 (PDF, 731.2 KB)
- Redline Drawing 2 (PDF, 569.4 KB)
- Redline Drawing 3 (PDF, 601 KB)
- Redline Drawing 4 (PDF, 589 KB)
- Redline Drawing 5 (PDF, 630 KB)
- Redline Drawing 6 (PDF, 603 KB)
- Redline Drawing 7 (PDF, 229 KB)