Report It - 311

Call Centre employees

Our friendly and knowledgeable Citizen Service Representatives can answer questions, forward complaints or fill requests for municipal services. Dial 311 or email, Mondays to Fridays between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., for questions, complaints or assistance with municipal services or regulations, including:

  • Household Garbage and Recycling
  • Recreational Programs
  • Potholes
  • Snow Plowing
  • Road Construction
  • Discolored Water
  • Sewer Backup
  • Tax Bills
  • By-laws
  • Building Permits
  • Pet Registration and much more!

Dial 311 for After Hours Service

The City of Greater Sudbury maintains an answering service to take your calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Dial 311 and press 6 to reach a live operator after regular business hours to provide information that will be forwarded to an on-call Public Works supervisor, during situations with potential for property damage:

  • Flooding
  • Sewer Backup
  • Water Main Breaks
  • Sinkholes and other threats to private or public property.

Municipal facilities that are open to the public on weekends and in the evening, such as libraries, arenas and recreation centres, can be reached by direct dial. Numbers are listed on the City of Greater Sudbury website and in the Blue Pages of the Bell Telephone Directory.

Dial 705-674-4455 for Direct Calls

If you know the extension you wish to reach, please dial 705-674-4455 to make a direct call to a municipal service or employee. If you know the name of the employee you wish to reach, enter the last name of the employee on your telephone keypad followed by the pound (#) sign. 

If you are calling from outside the City of Greater Sudbury, please dial 705-671-2489.

Tracking System for Service Requests

When you dial or email 311 with a complaint or request for municipal service, you will be asked to provide your name, address and telephone number for follow-up should municipal employees require further information.

Please note that incoming calls to the 311 Call Centre may be monitored for quality control purposes.

Citizen Service Representatives enter your complaint or request into an ACR (Active Citizen Request) system which tracks when and how it is resolved. Each complaint or request is assigned a case number, which you are provided, should you wish to track the progress of your call or email.

If your complaint or request is not resolved to your satisfaction, it may be forwarded to the General Manager of the responsible municipal service for further investigation. A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction related to a City of Greater Sudbury program, service, facility, or staff member, where a citizen believes that the City has not provided a satisfactory service experience and a response or resolution is expected.

Citizens who are reporting wrongdoing, which is defined as any kind of activity that could be deemed illegal, dishonest , wasteful or a deliberate violation of city policy, may contact a confidential and anonymous Wrongdoing Hotline.

Other Important Telephone Numbers

  • Nickel District Conservation Authority (Overland Flooding): 705-674-5249
  • Sudbury & District Health Unit (Health Concerns): 705-522-9200
  • Union Gas (Emergencies): 1-877-969-0999
  • Greater Sudbury Hydro (Emergencies): 705-675-7536
  • Hydro One (Emergencies): 1-800-434-1235

Notice of Collection of Personal Information  s. 29 (2) Municipal Freedom of  Information and Protection of Privacy Act

  • Any personal information collected during your call to 311 and subsequent calls from or to the City in relation to your call to 311 will be used to respond to your inquiry or concern. Your personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Act, 2001, program-specific legislation and by-laws, where applicable, the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Personal Health Information Protection Act, where applicable. Questions about the collection of your information should be directed to the Supervisor - TDS Citizen Service Centre/Call Centre by telephone at 705-674-4455, extension 2813 or at PO Box 5000, Stn A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3B 4B1.

For all other City inquiries not related to the collection of information, please contact us by calling 311.