Resumption of In-Person Matters
Unless otherwise advised or indicated, matters will continue to be heard electronically via the ZOOM platform.
Individuals who require a disability-related accommodation or assistance are required to contact the Provincial Offences Office to advise that they wish to appear in-person.
If you have been advised by the Provincial Offences Office that your matter will be heard in-person, please be advised of the following COVID-19 guidelines and protocols that have been put into place:
- Anyone attending court in person is required to monitor themselves for symptoms prior to attending their court matter. If you are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19 please remain at home and contact the POA office to have your matter rescheduled.
- All those who attend court will be required to complete COVID-19 screening. The screening can be completed online prior to attending court using the Ontario Courthouse Screening tool and selecting Sudbury – Sudbury Provincial Offences Courthouse. When you arrive at the courthouse you will be asked to provide your results. If screening is not completed online prior to attending, screening will be conducted in person upon arrival.
- Proper PPE such as masks must be worn at all times when in Tom Davies Square.
- Physical distancing requirements are indicated and will be adhered to, including capacity limits in the courtroom and waiting areas.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed in the courtroom and appropriate physical distancing measures have been put into place.
Access to Tom Davies Square remains by appointment only. If you have been advised by the Provincial Offences Office that your matter will be heard in-person, please press the call button at the entrance to the building and advise security that you are attending court.
All in-person court matters will be heard in room C-11 at Tom Davies Square, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario.
Please do not attend court in-person unless you have been advised that your matter be heard in-person.