Trials will be conducted in the Sudbury POA Court via video conference using the ZOOM platform. When possible all trial participants should appear using video for the trial proceeding.
For Part I and Parking Infraction Trial matters, defendants will receive a Notice of Trial and supplemental information sheet, which will provide them with the date and time they are to appear before a Justice of the Peace to have their matter heard as well as the information they will need to access the video trial using the ZOOM platform.
For Part III Trial matters, defendants will not be issued a formal notice as they will be provided with the information for their Part III Trial in court.
Should a defendant misplace or lose the information they need to access the video trial they can contact the POA office directly to obtain it.
Please note that different appearance types have different Meeting IDs and Access/Participant Codes so it is important to ensure that you have the correct information for the court date.
In order to ensure that the trial is able to proceed as scheduled it is recommended that defendants contact the prosecutor before their trial date to ensure that they have all the necessary disclosure documents and information.
When you enter into the court proceeding you will be placed into the waiting room until court is ready to begin.
When you enter into the court proceeding you are asked to make sure that the name displayed is your own and is displayed properly.
- If you are a defendant, your name should appear as it does on your charging document: First Name, Last Name.
- If you are a Crown or Prosecutor, your name should appear as the follow: First Name, Last Name, Title
- If you are an Officer, your name should appear as follows: First Name, Last Name, Agency
- If you are a witness, your name should appear as follows: First Name, Last Name, Witness
- If you are a member of the media, an interpreter or a member of the public, your name should appear as follows: First Name, Last Name, Media Outlet, Interpreter, Public