Post-Election Key Dates
Post Election Key Dates for Candidates and Voters
January 3, 2023
- End of the campaign period for the 2022 Municipal and School Board Election.
March 30, 2023
- Last day for candidate or third party to apply to the Ontario Court of Justice to extend the time to file the financial statement for the reporting period ending January 3, 2023.
March 31, 2023, 2:00 p.m.
- Deadline for candidates and third parties to file financial statement for the period ending January 3, 2023.
- Financial Statement - Auditor's Report Candidate (Form 4)
- Financial Statement - Auditor's Report Third Party (Form 8)
- Certificate of Maximum Expenses - Office of Mayor and Council
- Certificate of Maximum Expenses - Office of School Board Trustee
- Certificate of Maximum Expenses - Third Party Advertiser
- First Day for an eligible voter to file an application for an Election Compliance Audit of a Candidate's Campaign Expenses. (after 2:00 p.m.)
May 1, 2023, 2:00 p.m.
- Last day for candidates who are in default to file their financial statements and pay the $500 fee to avoid penalties.
- Documents submitted after this deadline are to be accepted only for the purpose of making them available to the public.
May 2, 2023
- Report setting out all candidates and registered third parties in an election along with an indication of whether each has filed a financial statement and auditor’s report to be made available to the public.
June 29, 2023
- Last day for an elector to apply for a compliance audit of a candidate or registered third party’s election campaign expenses.