The City of Greater Sudbury places great importance on the health and well-being of our employees. Through the Joint Employee/Organizational Wellness Committee, various types of wellness programs are offered throughout the year to support the physical, emotional and mental well-being of our staff. Examples include:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for eligible employees and their immediate families (for example, health coaching, financial/legal advice, healthy living, quality of life and confidential counselling);
- Peer Support Networks;
- Staff fitness and team challenges;
- Compressed work weeks and flexible work scheduling;
- Know your numbers (blood sugar, blood pressure, bone density, body mass index, and more)
- Wellness education sessions.