This role requires staff to maintain safety and supervision of small to large groups of children on a daily basis while leading exciting and interactive games and activities. Activities included in this program are a mix of active and passive games, sports, arts and crafts, as well as weekly off-sites. With roughly 30 playground sites throughout the City of Greater Sudbury, it is possible to have a reporting location at a site anywhere within the city. Please note that site placements are not guaranteed.
- Must have experience working with children between the ages of 5-14.
- Some positions require bilingualism (English/French).
- Must possess current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C from The Lifesaving Society, Red Cross, St. John Ambulance, Canadian Ski Patrol - or any other agency listed as an approved provider by the WSIB - and uphold these certifications for the period of employment.
- Staff in Playgrounds and Summer Camps are required to complete HIGH FIVE® Training prior to their employment date. HIGH FIVE® training provides participants with nationally recognized certification that will assist them in working with children's programs in the sport and recreation industry. For information on HIGH FIVE® training, please contact Leisure Services at 705-674-4455 extension 2446.
Number of positions available:
When to expect a call for an interview:
Between April and June
Estimated start date:
Beginning of July
Rate of pay:
Hours of Work:
- 35 hours per week
- Part-time positions available