Waste Serviceperson EX20-325
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX20-325
Reporting Location: Frobisher Depot
Estimated Probable Duration: Seven (7) Months
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Collection and Recycling Section, Environmental Services Division, Growth and Infrastructure Department, of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Waste Serviceperson. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current rate of pay for this position is $26.65 per hour.
Under the Supervision of the Waste Collection Foreperson.
- Oversee the performance of small work crews up to three (3) individuals in the performance of routine duties.
- Collect waste/litter within CGS.
- Load waste/litter into vehicle and deliver to appropriate waste disposal/transfer site.
- Deliver material or equipment to location as directed.
- Operate automated litter collection unit in the collection of refuse from sidewalks, roads, lanes, etc.
- Perform various functional duties to ensure proper condition, accessibility, cleanliness and safety of equipment.
- Provide daily or short term relief for Waste Collection crews.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- No divisional experience necessary.
- Ability to operate an automated litter collection unit or similar type of equipment.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds on a constant basis (67-100% (2/3) of the shift) and lift 45-55 pounds on an occasional basis (11-33% (1/3) of the shift).
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public, staff and outside agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid class “DZ” driver's licence and have an acceptable driving record.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX20-325) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.