Waste Serviceperson (4) EX21-381
Employment Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Waste Serviceperson (4)
Reporting Location: 1805 Frobisher
Casual Part Time Positions
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Collection and Recycling Section, Environmental Services Division, Growth and Infrastructure Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires four (4) Waste Serviceperson(s). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current rate of pay for this position is $27.08 per hour.
Under the supervision of the Waste Collection Foreperson.
1. Oversee the performance of small work crews up to three (3) individuals in the performance of routine duties.
2. Collect waste/litter within CGS.
3. Load waste/litter into vehicle and deliver to appropriate waste disposal/transfer site.
4. Deliver material or equipment to location as directed.
5. Operate automated litter collection unit in the collection of refuse from sidewalks, roads, lanes, etc.
6. Perform various functional duties to ensure proper condition, accessibility, cleanliness and safety of equipment.
7. Provide daily or short term relief for Waste Collection crews.
8. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
9. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- No divisional experience necessary.
- Ability to operate an automated litter collection unit or similar type of equipment.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds on a constant basis (67-100% (2/3) of the shift) and lift 45-55 pounds on an occasional basis (11-33% (1/3) of the shift).
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public, staff and outside agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid class “DZ” driver's licence and have an acceptable driving record.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.