Transit Kiosk Clerk (Bilingual - English/French) EX20-379
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX20-379
Reporting Location: Downtown Transit Terminal
Regular Part Time Position
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Transit Administration Section, Transit Services Division, Community Development Department, of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Transit Kiosk Clerk (Bilingual – English/French). The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $20.39 to $23.24 per hour.
Under the Supervision of the Manager of Transit Administration.
- Sell passes and ride cards to the public; track detailed inventory counts of same.
- Process and issue special passes (e.g. Adult, Older Adult, Student and Special); verify required documentation and identification; prepare and issue photo identification.
- Provide route and schedule information to the general public in person and over the telephone.
- Receive complaints pertaining to Transit Services in person and over the phone. Log all pertinent information and record customer service requests / complaints in accordance with established protocols.
- Maintain log of lost and found items.
- Prepare orders to replenish pass and ride card stock.
- Prepare float for next business day and secure same in safe.
- Summarize and balance revenues received from the sale of ride cards and passes daily.
- Prepare daily bank deposit for internal pick up and delivery to the Transit Administration offices.
- Ensure the security of revenue, ride cards and passes.
- Replenish stock in vending machines and place orders as required.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Over six (6) months up to and including twelve (12) months of related experience.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills and a good working knowledge of written French is required.
- Must be physically capable of moderate to heavy lifting.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your resume.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Friday, August 7, 2020 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX20-379) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.