Traffic Line Painter / Winter Equipment Operator (Dual with Training Opportunity) EX21-737
Employment Opportunity & Training Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Traffic Line Painter/Winter Equipment Operator
Reporting Location: Frobisher Depot
Should there be no fully qualified candidate for this position, a less qualified candidate who can be expected to meet the required qualifications within a reasonable period of time may be considered for this position as a training/development opportunity.
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Roads Operations Section, Linear Infrastructure Services Division, Growth and Infrastructure Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Traffic Line Painter/Winter Equipment Operator. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current rate of pay for this position is $28.20 (Training Opportunity rate of pay is $26.87 per hour. The successful candidate will be paid at the reduced rate until the minimum qualifications have been met).
Duties: Under the supervision of a Foreperson or designate.
- Apply traffic markings as required using hand operated equipment or manual methods.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of line painting equipment and prepare paints.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
NOTE: This classification automatically converts to a Winter Control Position for the Winter Control Period in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Minimum three (3) years of directly related experience.
- Ability to keep necessary records.
- Able to read and follow manufacturers instruction manuals for materials, equipment operation and general maintenance
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid class “DZ” driver's licence and have an acceptable driving record.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Monday, October 18, 2021 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: email@example.com or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX21-737) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.