Traffic Line Painter / Winter Control Operator EX20-384
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX20-384
Reporting Location: Frobisher
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Roads Operations Section, Linear Infrastructure Services Division, Growth and Infrastructure Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Traffic Line Painter / Winter Control Operator. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current rate of pay for this position is $27.76 per hour.
Under the supervision of a Foreperson or designate:
- Apply traffic markings as required using hand operated equipment or manual methods.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of line painting equipment and prepare paints.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Minimum three (3) years of directly related experience.
- Ability to keep necessary records.
- Able to read and follow manufacturers instruction manuals for materials, equipment operation and general maintenance
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid class “DZ” driver's licence and have an acceptable driving record.
Winter Equipment Operator:
- Successful applicant will automatically convert to winter control.
- Successful applicant will be paid the Traffic Line Painter rate ($27.76 per hour) during the summer months and the applicable rate during winter control for the classification they hold.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Monday, August 10, 2020 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX20-384) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.