Technician II EX22-750
Posting date: June 20, 2022
Job Title: Technician II
Number of Vacancies: 1
Posting number: EX22-750
Status: Permanent position
Should there be no fully qualified candidates who have both their Automotive Service Technician Certificate of Qualification (310S) and their Ontario Truck and Coach Technician Certificate of Qualification (310T), applicants who have either their 310S or their 310T will be considered for this position as a training/development opportunity. Those who have their 310T will be given preference.
Hours of Work: 80 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: Yes (days/afternoons)
Rate of Pay: $34.93 per hour
(Training Opportunity rate of pay is $33.18 per hour. The successful candidate will be paid at the reduced rate until the minimum qualifications have been met.)
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: 1160 Lorne Street
Section: Fleet Services
Division: Finance, Assets and Fleet
Department: Corporate Services
Duties: Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Inspect, repair, test and maintain all automotive, mechanical and construction equipment in the Infrastructure Services Department.
- Oversee and co-ordinate the activities of the Helper.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Possess and maintain a valid Automotive Service Technician Certificate of Qualification (310S).
- Possess and maintain a valid Ontario Truck and Coach Technician Certificate of Qualification (310T).
- Must be able to acquire a Class “DZ” driver’s licence.
- Practical experience on automotive vehicle repair, and be completely capable of carrying out all repairs with a minimum of supervision.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience on diesel powered equipment (considered an asset for the training opportunity).
- Capable of possessing and maintaining a valid Ice-P propane certificate.
- Capable of possessing and maintaining a valid Ozone Depletion certificate.
- Possess a complete Master Mechanic’s tool kit valued at no less than $2,000.00.
- Capable of operating some municipal and construction equipment for testing purposes.
- Must be able to effectively complete M.M.M.S. Crew Cards.
- Ability to write standard legible service reports, read and understand service manuals in order to requisition necessary parts.
- Provide, at own cost, an Employment Medical.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, and have an acceptable driving record.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX22-750 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Monday, July 4, 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury has launched a survey to understand what prospective employees are looking for from an employer. Please take a few minutes to provide us with your input. Your responses will be anonymous. Thank you in advance for your participation in the survey!
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed, approved and responded to, by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.