Technician II (Dual with Training Opportunity) EX21-735
Employment Opportunity & Training Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Should there be no fully qualified candidates for this position, a less qualified candidate who can be expected to meet the required qualifications within a reasonable period may be considered for this position as a training/development opportunity.
Reporting Location: 1160 Lorne Street
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Fleet Services Section, Finance, Assets and Fleet Division, Corporate Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury requires a Technician II. The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current rate of pay for this position is $34.41 per hour (Training Opportunity rate of pay is $33.49 per hour. The successful candidate will be paid at the reduced rate until the minimum qualifications have been met).
Duties: Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.
1. Inspect, repair, test and maintain all automotive, mechanical and construction equipment in the Finance, Assets and Fleet Division.
2. Oversee and co-ordinate the activities of the Helper.
3. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
4. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Possess and maintain a valid Automotive Service Technician Certificate of Qualification (310S).
- Possess and maintain a valid Ontario Truck and Coach Technician Certificate of Qualification (310T).
- Must be able to acquire a Class “DZ” driver’s licence.
- Practical experience on automotive vehicle repair, and be completely capable of carrying out all repairs with a minimum of supervision.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience on diesel powered equipment.
- Capable of possessing and maintaining a valid Ice-P propane certificate.
- Capable of possessing and maintaining a valid Ozone Depletion certificate.
- Possess a complete Master Mechanic’s tool kit valued at no less than $2,000.00.
- Capable of operating some municipal and construction equipment for testing purposes.
- Must be able to effectively complete M.M.M.S. Crew Cards.
- Ability to write standard legible service reports, read and understand service manuals in order to requisition necessary parts.
- Provide, at own cost, an Employment Medical.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, and have an acceptable driving record.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Monday, October 18, 2021 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX21-735) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.