Sub-Foreperson (Maintenance) EX19-681
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX19-681
Reporting Location: Citywide
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift work required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Roads Operations Section, Linear Infrastructure Services Division, Growth and Infrastructure Department, of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Sub-Foreperson (Maintenance). The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current rate of pay for this position is $32.37 per hour.
Under the supervision of a Foreperson (Generic).
- Co-ordinate the activities and supervise contractors and crews related to City Wide construction and maintenance. Authorize employee crew cards.
- Assess work areas and determine which methods/activities are required as per C.M.M.S. guidelines.
- Work alongside crews as required.
- Meet with utilities for appropriate locates.
- Purchase and control supplies and/or equipment for the City Wide Section in accordance with CGS policies and procedures.
- Report and repair all hazards related to City Wide maintenance and construction.
- Liaise with other staff/divisions to complete assignments.
- Conduct safety inspections to City Wide Section and ensure that corrective measures are implemented. Maintain an up-to-date record of all inspections and prepare reports.
- Relieve other sub-forepersons as directed.
- Oversee the 4x4 plowing and the bus stop snow removal operations, as required.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Carpentry, electrical and/or plumbing ticket considered an asset.
- Completion of a college diploma in a related field considered an asset.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience with City Wide maintenance equipment and activities, including experience in the supervision of crews.
- Capable of overseeing 4x4 plowing and bus stop snow removal.
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgement for assignments within the C.M.M.S. guidelines.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of carpentry, electrical and/or maintenance practices.
- Possess a working knowledge of maintenance activities and be capable of overseeing the operations of related equipment.
- Must be able to effectively complete C.M.M.S. Crew Cards.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid Class “DZ” driver’s licence, or obtain the “DZ” licence within 12 months and have an acceptable driving record.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX19-681) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.