Specialty Youth Program Instructor - Youth Sports (10) (Recruitment Pool) EX19-514
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX19-514
Specialty Youth Program Instructor – Youth Sports (10)
(Funded – Ontario Trillium Foundation)
Reporting Location: Donovan/Flour Mill or Hanmer or Chelmsford
Contract Part Time Positions
Estimated Probable Duration: Until June 26, 2020
Up to 20 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Children’s Service Section, Children and Citizen Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires ten (10) Specialty Youth Program Instructor(s) – Youth Sports. The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $20.34 to $23.96 per hour.
To design a lesson format for youth aged eight (8) to eighteen (18) that encourages safety and class participation, and to deliver the program.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Children’s Services and the day-to-day direction of the Co-ordinator of Community Initiative and Quality Assurance.
- Design a class format that encourages safety and class participation and deliver the program
- Perform proper techniques as to not cause injury or harm to any pupil in the class.
- Instruct at the appropriate level for each class.
- Be attentive and alert to the regards of all pupils in the class.
- May provide supervision and guidance to Program Instructors assisting with class delivery, as required.
- Maintain a clean/safe activity space and ensure that equipment is maintained and properly set up.
- Responsible for being aware of the facility policies in place at the program site.
- Inform Immediate Supervisor of any program issues, facility problems, and/or misconduct by a class participant.
- Maintain accurate attendance records and ensure Program Evaluation Forms are distributed to participants.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Training:
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education and completion of post secondary courses in a related discipline (e.g. ECE, Child and Youth, Social Work) considered an asset.
- High Five Certification considered an asset.
- Must hold current CPR and First Aid Certificate for designated positions.
- Two and one-half (2½) up to and including five (5) years of related experience in the designated.
- Up to six (6) months of teaching experience.
- Best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Demonstrate participation in continuing education courses and workshops.
- Demonstrate commitment to the philosophy and goals of CGS’s programs.
- Mental and physical fitness to perform essential job functions.
- Excellent use of English, verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Provide at own cost, a Criminal Records Check, for designated positions.
Note: A Vulnerable Sector Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Vulnerable Sector Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX19-514) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.