Specialty Services and Programs (12) EX20-547 (Rental and Ticket)
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX20-547
Specialty Services and Programs (12)
Reporting Location: Adanac Ski Hill
Contract Part Time Positions
Estimated Probable Duration: Until March 27, 2021
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies for the 2020/2021 winter season.
The Recreation Services Section, Leisure Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires twelve (12) Specialty Services and Programs – Rental/Ticket Staff. The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $15.43 to $16.69 per hour.
Provide front-line customer service and assist Lead, Services and Programs in the delivery and efficient operation of the designated program or service.
Under the general supervision of the designated supervisor and the direct supervision of the Lead, Programs and Services.
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients.
- Assist in the supervision of the activities and behaviour of the public to ensure that all participants abide by the rules and regulations of the program or services.
- Handle cash and other forms of payment as required. Verify waiver rental forms are completed.
- Provide support and leadership to all Program staff at all sites of program.
- Assist in the administrative details of program organization to ensure effective program management and customer service (e.g. prepares cash reports, verify sales/cash receipts, review inventory reports).
- Assist in the supervision, training and scheduling of staff as required.
- Maintain and protect the Section’s materials and equipment on site, including inventory.
- Set up rental equipment. Adjust, tune, wax, repair and maintain rental equipment.
- Ensure cleanliness of the building and work area (e.g. keep area free of obstructions, put rental equipment away).
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Training:
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade X) Education.
- Must hold current CPR and First Aid Certificate for designated programs/services.
- Six (6) months up to and including twelve (12) months of related experience.
- Experience handling cash and balancing reports an asset.
- Creative and recreational activities related to program or service.
- For Ski Hills – Tuning and adjusting ski and snowboard equipment.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to deal with a variety of user groups.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communications skills when dealing with the general public and staff.
- Motivate and supervise Staff.
- Understand and meet the needs of customers.
- Deal with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Work and act independently and use initiative when required.
- Work evenings and weekends if applicable.
- For Ski Hills – Wax, sharpen and repair base and adjust bindings on ski equipment.
– Demonstrate ability to work with basic tools (e.g. wrench, hammer, screwdriver).
- Mental and physical fitness to perform essential job functions.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills an asset.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Records Check for designated positions.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: email@example.com or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX20-547) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.