Ski Patrol Leader EX18-741
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX18-741
Reporting Location: Adanac / Lively Ski Hill
Contract Part Time Position
Estimated Probable Duration: December 1, 2018 to March 17, 2019
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
The Recreation Services Section, Leisure Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Ski Patrol Leader. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $15.99 to $18.71 per hour.
Co-ordinate the delivery of Ski patrol services at Adanac / Lively Ski Hill.
Under the general direction of the Recreation Co-ordinator and the day-to-day direction of the Ski Hill Program Supervisor.
- Provide leadership, schedule and direct the Canadian Ski Patrol workers located at Adanac /Lively Ski Hill.
- Assist with the recruitment, supervision and training, of volunteer ski hill patrollers.
- Ensure ski patrollers are following required safety practices established by the Canadian Ski Patrol Association.
- Ensure all appropriate equipment and supplies are available for use by the ski patrollers.
- Ensure the accurate completion and filing of all necessary forms, including accident and incident reports, related to ski patrol duties.
- Act as Lead Patrol; liaise with the Canadian Ski Patrol on behalf of CGS.
- Co-ordinate the retrieval of CGS equipment (e.g. stretcher) from the hospital, as required.
- Communicate with Adanac / Lively Ski Hill staff on all ski hill business related to ski patrol services.
- Communicate and encourage safe skiing and snowboarding practices to all Adanac / Lively Ski Hill patrons.
- Liaise with CGS Ski Hill Employees and Emergency Services Staff as required.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Training:
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Current Canadian Ski Patroller certification.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Minimum of two (2) years of service with the Canadian Ski Patrol.
- Competent snowboarder or skier as required by the Canadian Ski Patrol.
- Canadian Ski Patrol best practices and safety requirements.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to schedule staff.
- Maintain effective relations with internal and external contacts under challenging circumstances.
- Personal Suitability:
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence and have an acceptable driving record.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Monday, October 29th, 2018 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX18-741) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.