Ski Lift Attendant (Recruitment Pool) EX22-1188 Revised
Posting date: November 2, 2022
Job Title: Ski Lift Attendant (Recruitment Pool)
Number of Vacancies: 34
Posting number: EX22-1188 *Revised (Extended Closing Date)
Status: Seasonal Part Time Positions
Estimated Probable Duration: Until March 31, 2023 (weather permitting)
Hours of Work: Up to 48 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: Yes
Rate of Pay: $16.98 per hour
Initial Reporting Location: Adanac or Lively Ski Hill
Section: Parks Services
Division: Leisure Services
Department: Community Development
Applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies for the 2022/2023 winter season.
Duties: Under the general supervision of the Manager of Parks Services and/or designate.
1. Work as lift attendant and perform cleaning, painting, sanding and shovelling as required.
2. Report and help to repair all hazards.
3. Assist in maintaining the cleanliness, safety and security of the ski hill.
4. Project a good corporate image when interacting with the public, press or any other outside agency or organization.
5. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
6. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Current First Aid and C.P.R. certification an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) months related experience at a ski hill considered an asset.
- Demonstrate leadership and strong interpersonal skills.
- Work co-operatively, efficiently and effectively alongside peers and superiors.
- Maintain pleasant and effective relations with internal and external contacts under difficult circumstances.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Records Check.
- Physical capability to operate a vehicle safely, possession of a valid driver’s licence and an acceptable driving record, will be considered an asset.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX22-1188 *Revised are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 9, 2023. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury has launched a survey to understand what prospective employees are looking for from an employer. Please take a few minutes to provide us with your input. Your responses will be anonymous. Thank you in advance for your participation in the survey!
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed, approved and responded to, by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.