Ski Lift Attendant (34) EX19-786 Revised (Recruitment Pool)
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX19-786 *Revised
*Extended Closing Date
Reporting Location: Adanac or Lively Ski Hill
Seasonal Part Time Positions
Estimated Probable Duration: Until March 31, 2020
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Parks Services Section, Leisure Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires thirty-four (34) Ski Lift Attendant(s). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current rate of pay for this position is $15.26 per hour.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Parks Services and/or designate.
- Work as lift attendant and perform cleaning, painting, sanding and shovelling as required.
- Report and help to repair all hazards.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness, safety and security of the ski hill.
- Project a good corporate image when interacting with the public, press or any other outside agency or organization.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Current First Aid and C.P.R. certification an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) months related experience at a ski hill considered an asset.
- Demonstrate leadership and strong interpersonal skills.
- Work co-operatively, efficiently and effectively alongside peers and superiors.
- Maintain pleasant and effective relations with internal and external contacts under difficult circumstances.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Records Check.
- Physical capability to operate a vehicle safely, possession of a valid driver’s licence and an acceptable driving record, will be considered an asset.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Friday, February 14, 2020 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX19-786 Revised) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.