Ski Hill Program Supervisor EX19-754 (Employment & Training Opportunity)
Employment Opportunity & Training Opportunity Notice: EX19-754
Should there be no fully qualified candidate for this position, a
less qualified candidate who can be expected to meet the required
qualifications with a reasonable period may be
considered for this position as a training/development opportunity.
Reporting Location: Tom Davies Square/Adanac Ski Hill
Estimated Probable Duration: until April 17, 2020
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Some evening and weekend work required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Recreation Services Section, Leisure Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Ski Hill Program Supervisor. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $20.69 to $24.37 per hour (Training Opportunity range of pay is $16.26 to $19.03 per hour. The successful candidate will be paid at the reduced range until the minimum qualifications have been met).
Responsible for the co-ordination, planning and delivery of Adanac Ski Hill programs and services.
Under the direction of the Recreation Co-ordinator.
- Select, train, supervise and discipline staff. Ensure that all staff understand and comply with CGS policies.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of snow school programs and special events through direct and indirect contact with community organizations and schools.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of in-house training courses.
- Maintain a safe program site and follow all safety and accident prevention regulations.
- Ensure that sufficient supplies and equipment are available.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance, cleanliness and security of the chalet, rental shop and snow school. Report all damages, accidents and incidents to the appropriate staff.
- Co-ordinate and maintain accurate records and program reports.
- Prepare weekly payroll of all program staff and submit same for approval.
- Conduct job performance appraisals, salary reviews and discipline in accordance with the respective Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Provide assistance, support and leadership to staff. Attend and/or schedule meetings, as required.
- Handle cash. Prepare daily bank deposits.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Training:
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education, plus successful completion of an additional one (1) to two (2) years of post secondary education in a related discipline (e.g. Ski Resort Management, Recreation).
- Must complete Level I Canadian Ski Instructor Alliance (CSIA) upon hire at own expense.
- Must hold current CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience overseeing snow school programming.
- Best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrate effective communication, public relations and problem solving skills.
- Understand and meet the needs of customers.
- Work evenings and weekends, as required.
- Demonstrate ability to supervise, train and lead staff.
- Mental and physical fitness to perform essential job functions.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Records Check.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Friday, October 18th, 2019 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX19-754) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.