Service and Program Staff (Recruitment Pool) EX19-024
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX19-024
Reporting Location: Sudbury Arena
Part Time Positions
Up to 16 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Arenas Section, Leisure Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires Service and Program Staff (Recruitment Pool). The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $14.21 to $15.07 per hour.
Education and Training:
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade X) Education.
- Must hold current CPR and First Aid Certificate for designated programs/services.
- For Hosting Services and Concession at Sudbury Arena - Must possess or successfully obtain a valid Smart Serve Certificate.
- Up to six (6) months of related experience.
- For Concession at Sudbury Arena - Experience with electronic Point of Sale/Inventory Control System an asset.
- For Maintenance - Building maintenance, janitorial, carpentry, plumbing or electrical experience an asset.
- For Ticket Sales and Cashier - Experience with handling cash, balancing reports and Ticket Sales system an asset.
- Knowledge of:
- Best practices within areas of responsibility.
- For Concession, Ticket Sales and Cashier - Advanced mathematical and computer skills.
- For Maintenance - Cleaning products, tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to deal with a variety of user groups.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with the general public and staff.
- Deal with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Work evenings and weekends if applicable.
- Mental and physical fitness to perform essential job functions.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills an asset.
- Physical capability to operate a vehicle safely, possession of a valid driver’s licence and an acceptable driving record will be considered to be an asset.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Records Check for designated positions.
Provide front-line customer service in a designated Leisure program and/or services.
Under the general supervision of the Co-ordinator of Events and Administration or the Recreation
Co-ordinator and under the day-to-day direction of the Lead, Services and Programs.
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients.
- Ensure that users of the service/program comply with the rules established by CGS.
- Ensure the proper and safe use of all equipment, materials and facility.
- Handle cash and other forms of payment as required.
- Handle public complaints within pre-set parameters.
- Maintain a clean work area as per regulations, standards and best practices.
- Advise Supervisor of any problems arising from delivery of service or operation of program.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Monday, December 16, 2019 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX19-024) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.