Employment Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Reporting Location: Tom Davies Square
Estimated Probable Duration: Up to Seven (7) Months
(May be extended)
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Recreation Services Section, Leisure Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Secretary. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $25.28 to $29.59 per hour.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Recreation Services.
1. Provide information to the public and monitors telephone calls.
2. Compose, design, type and duplicate notices, flyers, newsletters and bulletins as required.
3. Perform clerical and typing duties for department staff as directed.
4. Perform payroll duties, as assigned.
5. Prepare and process requisitions for program and facility supplies.
6. Maintain filing system.
7. Co-ordinate and process facility bookings as required.
8. Complete applications and correspondence for a variety of grant programs, etc.
9. Provide public service announcement information to the media by maintaining information on special events and community programs.
10. Oversee the application process for various events and organizations.
11. Perform required administrative duties for special Committees and Advisory Panels, as required (general administration, recording secretary, if necessary).
12. Prepare billing advices, as required and follow up on delinquent accounts.
13. Assist in the co-ordination of major community special events and the Volunteer Recognition Program.
14. Assist with facility bookings.
15. Assist with the preparation of the Leisure Guide.
16. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
17. Perform other related duties, as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- One (1) year up to and including two and one-half (2½) years of related experience.
- Satisfactory keyboarding skills (60 words per minute).
- Demonstrate ability in transcribing dictation by mechanical order.
- Demonstrate proven ability related to microcomputer software and administrative systems (i.e. file maintenance, word processing, computerized spreadsheet applications, information input and retrieval).
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.