School Crossing Guard(s) (Recruitment Pool) EX20-046
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX20-046 **Revised
**Revised Fax Number
Reporting Location: Various
Contract Part Time Positions
Up to 20 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Transit Administration Section, Transit Services Division, Community Development Department, of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires School Crossing Guard(s). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $15.43 to $16.69 per hour (range in effect as of April 1, 2020).
Responsible for the safe crossing of school children.
Under the General Direction of the Manager of Transit Administration.
- Stop vehicular traffic or select suitable gaps in vehicular traffic flow and guide the children safely across the roadway in accordance with policy.
- Exercise constant care to prevent injury and accidents in accordance with policy.
- Perform duties with applicable standards of conduct: CGS Crossing Guard Conduct Standards including practising courtesy, patience, consideration and tolerance when interacting with the school children and the general public.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Training:
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade X) Education.
- Crossing guard experience an asset.
- Best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Applicable legislation and related regulations.
- Understand and meet the needs of customers.
- Mental and physical fitness to perform essential job functions.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Monday, December 14, 2020 at 4:30 PM to: by: e-mail to: email@example.com or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX20-046 **Revised) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.